Saturday, March 20, 2010

Yesterday Geraldo went with me to the hospital and helped me to get all the documents I need for my insurance company. I also saw a neurologist who had a look at my tomography scan and confirmed that there was no damage done to my brain or skull, however I suffer from chronic sinusitis, which should be treated but it is not really serious. In the picture, some of the scan immages (is it really me???...).
Then we went to another hospital to visit Barbara who had appendectomy done and is recovering now. She will not come back home for at least a week as she can't climb stairs (and there are stairs where she lives, I mean where now Geraldo and I live) and her mother's flat is in the basement which is convenient. We were all talking about our bad luck, me and her in hospitals and Geraldo leaving his laptop in a taxi. He got the laptop back, luckily, but he paid a lot of money for it (to convince another taxi driver to take him to the favela). All this was unnecessary but it all happened. Geraldo said that he was not surprised it all had happened. In his opinion there is a lot of negative energy in the country and it takes its toll on me as I was suddenly confronted by the energy when I arrived. Now many people will think - she is crazy, Brazil is a wonderful country. I agree, if you come here on two or three weeks trip and stay in a good hotel with your friends or in a hostel with other travellers. If you decide to see the life of ordinary people in the way I travel, it all changes. Anyway, this is my personal opinion but even Brazilians agree with me.
Today Geraldo and I went to Olinda, Recife's "twin city" - it took us half an hour to get there by bus. It is a beautiful place. We got involved in a very interesting conversations in a bar on the beach and unfortunately we drank too much beer, after which Geraldo got very sleepy and lazy and I had to convince him to do some sightseeing. We did, and then I convinced him to go to a forro' bar and then I convinced him to dance some forro' with me so now he is dead tired :)