Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Today Thiago took me to a beach in Boa Viagem, a district which looks very posh, kind of Copacabana in Rio. However, you can't swim in the water because of sharks. I think it's a big disadvantage when it comes to the tourist industry in this city. I actually haven't seen any tourists here as I think the city doesn't advertise its attractions enough, and it's a really nice place.
All the local people I met here are lovely, I feel very welcome. I hear so many stories from their lives, almost all of them don't like Brazil and think about emigrating. They don't like the political and economical systems, too much working and not enough money, and lack of safety. I understand them very well. Especially when they are not lazy (as many people in Brazil) but ambitious and intelligent people who would like to make a difference but they are stuck because of the system...