Wednesday, March 10, 2010

This is my new face. I hope that for no more than a week though!! Do I look good in purple, pink and yellow? hmmm.... it's not funny!!
I started analysing the shooting and TV accident situations to try to avoid them in the future. It appears that there were similar circumstances when they both happened:
1. I left Trancoso and took a bus to Porto Seguro. I was nervous because I had to look for a hotel, it was already late and I knew nobody. I had a phone number of a guy who I just met a day before (Geraldo). I phoned him, he picked me up in his car and he offered me a room in his beautiful house for as long as I wanted. This was a sudden hit of feeling very secure and also happines. Two hours later happens the shooting.
2. I was lying on the beach on my own for few hours, I felt very lonely. Suddenly my surfing instructor appeared in front of me. He said that if I gave him my USB stick with lambada zouk music on it, he could play it loudly on the beach, using the music equipment in his beach hut. I suddenly felt very happy. Two hours later happens the accident with the television.
Does it make sense??
Yesterday I went out with the surfing instructor. We went to a place in Salvador called ItapuĆ£ where you can eat the best typical food of Bahia called Acaraje'. Hmmm...lovely!!!... Then I heard some nice music coming out from a horrible club, kind of a dirty drinking hole. We went there, danced a little bit and actually had a good time.
I realised that I don't have much time any more to spend in this part of the region. I have to be in Manaus in a month time, and I planned to visit few more cities on the way. I think I will have to leave Salvador as soon as possible, probably on Friday. There is a Couch Surfing meeting on Thursday, to which I want to go.