Friday, March 12, 2010

I have to say that the transport system in Salvador is very bad. There is no tube (apparently they started building it ten years ago and never finished) and sometimes you have to wait two hours for a bus and at the end it never arrives (it happened to me few times). It is so different from Rio where the transport system is excellent.
Yesterday I went to the Couch Surfing meeting in Rio Vermelho. I met some great people, some of them locals, some travellers (in the picture with Ricardo - a Portugese guy who loves Bahia and spends a lot of time here).
I met a Spanish girl who doesn't have much luck with muggers (as I don't have luck with gangs and flying TVs) - the last time she was mugged on the bus in Salvador. She was sitting by the window and three men sat next to her. One asked for money, another had a strange object in his pocket so she gave them everything she had. I really hope it will not happen to me because I know that I will not give them my property so easily.
I met a Turkish guy who always works seven months a year and travels during other five months. He has seen so much of the world!!