Thursday, March 18, 2010

Well....
1. I didn't cook the dinner as Barbara got really sick yesterday and she was throwing up all day, poor thing (and I even didn't start cooking!!). In the evening she went to a hospital to do some tests. As we didn't have water, she moved to her mother's flat for a couple of days (I was invited to join her but it would be too much hussle for me to pack and unpack again so I am staying in Barbara's flat and I am carrying on using bottled water).
2. Geraldo didn't arrive as his second flight was overbooked and he had to stay in Sao Paolo (his flight schedule was: Porto Seguro - Sao Paolo - Recife) where the airline paid for a hotel and dinner.
3. I was invited to join a free temporary dance class yesterday but I didn't go as I was waiting for Geraldo. When he phoned with the news it was too late to join the class (for this reason I was a little bit harsh on him and told him to shout at the agency he booked the ticket with or jump on the leaving plane or do something else to get here yesterday. He already was in a lot of stress so I have to apologise today).
Hrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....
so instead I chatted to a couple of friends on Skype which was nice and I did some reserch about Recife.
This is what I found out:
"recife" in English means "reef". There are amazing reefs here and a lot of ship wracks so many people do diving in Recife
it's the fifth biggest city in Brazil and the capital of Pernambuco region
it's called "Venice of Brazil" because of numerous waterways and bridges in the city
Barbara wrote thesis about reef corals for her Masters degree (see the picture - it's her work).

I also did some lambada zouk exercises and I found out this excellent video. There are my three teachers dancing in the video (from Porto Seguro but living in London now: Patricia, Solange and Braz). I love this dance and music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bue2FuTlYbs