Saturday, March 13, 2010

I am a little bit stuck where I live in Salvador. Praia do Flamengo is situated far from the centre and there are not night buses to get home. I went to a forro' party yesterday but before it started I had to come back, otherwise it would have cost me too much to take a taxi. There is no TV, radio or computer in Marcelo's house and I would love to listen to music!! I tried to practice lambada zouk in my room but without music I couldn't do it.
This is the price I am paying for living right next to a beautiful beach, the place is amazing but far from the centre. I started having thoughts of coming back to Porto Seguro and staying there for few months, dancing lambada all the time. But then I think - I came to South America to see places and meet people so I can't stay long time in one town. Lambada zouk in Porto Seguro.... no, meeting people and seeing places... Porto Seguro.... no!!
I may come back to Porto Seguro at the end of my trip....
Tomorrow I am travelling to Recife where Barbara, my first female host in my whole trip, is waiting for me.
I also stopped counting how much money I am spending. I am still very careful of course, as you can't change overnight :) I spend 300 - 400 reals a week = 112 - 150 pounds and about 150 pounds a month is spent just on travelling by buses from one city to another. Well, Brazil is the most expensive country in South America, no wonder there is so much crime here...