Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Today's mission: cook a Polish dinner for Barbara (schabowy, bigos? - I will see what I can find in shops). She cooks for me every day so yesterday I offered to cook, and it was accepted with enthusiasm. The only problem is that we haven't had any water since yesterday. We take showers using bottled water or buckets which is fun but a little bit annoying as the temperature here is again 40 degrees and you sweat a lot. It was more than 40 degrees in Rio, then it was around 35 in Porto Seguro and Salvador and now again it is very hot. I didn't know that 5 degrees makes such a big difference.
So the Polish dinner might be postponed to a later date (in the picture: in Barbara's kitchen).
Today Geraldo from Porto Seguro is coming to Recife to do some business here before he flies to London. I am going to pick him up from the airport and help him to find an accomodation. I am so happy to help, he did so much for me in Porto Seguro. I just hope he will not be too stressed about going to London.
I am getting frustrated as I haven't been dancing for about ten days now (although it is so hot that I became sooo lazy!!). There are some forro' clubs here, they always open on Wednesdays (there is completely nothing happening on Mondays and Tuesdays) so hopefully I will go dancing later in the week.