Friday, December 31, 2010

On Wednesday we went to a Pacific music concert. I don't like the music but I went to see friends who enjoyed it a lot, and it was great to see them happy. The main group everyone was waiting for was called Chocquitown.
Yesterday we went to another concert of Los Van Van from Cuba. We got there very early and waited 8 hours for the group to arrive, they were 2 hours late. Waiting for such a long time made everyone tired. We couldn't go to the toilet or to buy food as there were too many people and they wouldn't let you get back to your place. So we waited, thirsty and hungry. I was thinking: I would never do it in Europe, I would never ever spend so much time waiting and doing nothing but here is Cali, you do it because the group is good and the concert is free. In the picture: waiting in the crowd with Yeimmy.
Today I am in Orlando's house, with his family, waiting patiently for the New Year. My friends in Europe  already celebrated it, we are still waiting as there is 5 hours time difference. We don't do much, we are just waiting and trying to talk from time to time but.... the salsa music is so loud that you would never believe it can be so loud in somebody's house. But this is Colombia :) The music will be loud all night long and I suppose tomorrow as well, as it was at Christmas.
To all my wonderful friends all over the world: HAPPY NEW YEAR. I hope it will be happy for all of us and that in 2011 I will be able to meet up with friends I haven't seen for a long time.