Saturday, December 18, 2010

In the late afternoon I left Maldonado for Montevideo (in the picture with Nicolas' parents). I had to come back to the capital because you get all the bus connections from the city, all roads lead to Montevideo in this country :)
When I arrived, I bought a ticket to Salto, near Argentinian border. My destination is Foz de Iguazu in Brazil, a town with the famous in the world waterfalls. They are situated on the border of three countries: Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay but only accessible from Brazil and Argentina. First I am heading to Foz.
http://www.curitiba-brazil.com/iguacu-falls.htm
It looks like the whole trip from Maldonado to Foz will be a nightmare as I will change buses 4 times and I will travel for 20 hours. I was also told that tomorrow there are no buses going from Salto to the Argentinian border (Sunday, the only day with no bus service) so.... well.... tomorrow... I will be hitch-hiking for the first time in South America.