Thursday, December 2, 2010

In Buenos Aires

Cordoba - Buenos Aires: 770 km, 10 hours on the bus, cost: 29 pounds. The bus was very comfortable but at one point the air conditioning was too much for me. The cold air was blowing in my face and I could hear people behind me putting on clothes and suddenly getting quiet. I had a panoramic seat in front of the bus on the second floor so I went down to speak to the driver. He switched off the air conditioning for the whole night so people could sleep well :)
We arrived in the bus station in Retiro, a district in Buenos Aires. It is very cofusing when you want to board a bus to BA from another city. It always says Retiro on the bus and you think that it's not Buenos Aires. I took tube and I arrived in my host's flat. Tube is cheap here, it costs 18 pence a ride.
Hernan lives in a nice part of the city, by a small but beautiful park. When I arrived I had a sleep and I woke up at 4 pm again.
In the picture: the huge Avenida 9 de Julio in the centre of Buenos Aires (the famous obelisco in the background) and Avenida Cordoba.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obelisk_of_Buenos_Aires