Tuesday, December 14, 2010

URUGUAY, In Montevideo

In the evening I went for the last time to Güerrin, the best pizza place in Buenos Aires. They serve excellent cakes too, I had my favourite flan with dulce de leche and a lot of caramel sauce.
Then I went dancing to get rid of the extra calories :) I forgot to mention before that I met Romina who lives in Buenos Aires. She is a famous lambada zouk teacher and also a very energetic person with beautiful personality. I was watching many videos of her dancing with my teacher from London; I arrived in BA and I met her personally (with Romina in the picture).

The next morning I said goodby to Daniela and I went to Porto Madero to buy a ferry ticket to Montevideo (well, the ferry left us in a town called Colonia where a bus was waiting for us). All the trip cost 34 pounds and it took 4 hours to get from Buenos Aires to the capital of Uruguay. It's possible to do the whole trip by land only but it takes much longer and apparently it's more expensive.
I arrived in Montevideo in the evening and I took a local bus to my host's flat. The city is very different than Buenos Aires. It's smaller and dirtier but it has some charm. Rafael lives in a nice new building on the 7th floor, with a view over a beautiful abandoned train station and the city port.