Saturday, December 4, 2010

Yesterday I was visiting the city centre. Hernan lent me a guide book with a walking track, showing the most beautiful and interesting places and buildings. They included squares, monuments, the biggest streets (9th of July is apparently the biggest street in the world), theatres, shops. Buenos Aires is huge, its streets are long and wide. To be honest after two hours of walking I had enough and I turned my attention to shops with clothes :) The city is incredibly beautiful though and the atmosphere is good, I feel safe. It reminds me of Palermo in Sicily, my favourite place in Europe. People are busy in the streets but somehow it's not the same crazy "busy" that in London.

At night I went to a lambada zouk club where I was dancing a lot. Do I have to say how happy I was??... I found the club on internet, I went there on my own... and I left having at least 20 friends who are waiting for me at the lambada street party tonight. The music was excellent and the dancers were very good. I was waiting for this moment for a long time (I was dancing lambada the last time 8 months ago in Fortaleza, Brazil). I felt a little bit nervous because I thought that maybe I forgot lambada steps but there was nothing to worry about - I was dancing better than ever before :)
When I arrived to the club people asked me about my teachers in London who are the best lambada dancers in the world, from the Kaoma group: Braz and Patricia Cruz from Porto Seguro in Brazil.
After dancing we went to a bar for a drink (in the picture - the lambada team). All the people working in the bar dance lambada :)
I met Federico who lives very close to my host's flat so he gave me a lift back on his motorbike.
So far my life in Buenos Aires could not be better.