Wednesday, December 15, 2010

When I was visiting the city again today, I couldn't see any tourists. I suppose Montevideo is not a touristic destination as there is not much to see. Uruguay is famous for its amazing beaches, I am travelling to a seaside town tomorrow to find out if the beaches are really so great :)
I've seen so many abandoned buildings today!!... so many of them... some really big and beautiful, like the one in my picture. I will always remember Montevideo for the abandoned buildings, it is so unusual.
Uruguay is not as cheap as you would think it is (or as you would hope...). I had a look in few shops in a shopping centre, the prices were higher than in London. So far the cheapest shops I found were in Chile and Argentina, the richest countries of South America.
People use a lot the word "barbaro" which I didn't hear in other countries. It means "cool, great".
My pictures from the capital of Argentina:
Buenos Aires
And a video:
Aga and Cristian dancing Lambada Zouk in Buenos Aires, 10 Dec 2010