Friday, December 3, 2010

On my first night in Buenos Aires I was...... dancing a lot :))) I went to a Couch Surfing meeting in a salsa club called Jannoy (in the picture). I met only two Couch Surfers at the bar, out of 70 who were supposed to come. But it wasn't a problem. I went to the place thinking that I would not find good dancers and I would come back home early. I was very surprised to meet many professional dancers and luckily, Argentinian guys are not shy so they were asking me for a dance a lot. Not like in Brazil where guys were dancing only with friends and I had to ask them for a dance. The place was great, with a lot of space to dance so you don't step on each other's feet.
I met Pedro from Mexico who has been travelling for 14 months now. He is a great dancer; he spent a month in Cali attending salsa classes. I think people attend the classes in Cali and they never use the skills they had learnt as Cali salsa you dance only in Cali. Yesterday we were dancing mainly New York style and surprisingly, a lot of bachata. I was very happy and I felt alive again, after more than two months without dancing.
My pictures from the trip through Andes (Chile - Argentina) and from two Argentinian cities:
Mendoza and Cordoba