Friday, December 10, 2010

I met Sandra and David again, they are stuck in Buenos Aires at the moment (they want to travel to Rio de Janeiro as soon as possible). David was robbed in Bolivia, he got into a taxi and few minutes later two men with guns appeared on both sides of him and demanded money and credit card. He told them he didn't have any cash but he gave them his card and a fake pin code. He had some money in a pocket so he was able to pay for the rest of the trip to Buenos Aires but now he needs to pay for the hostel and trip back to Colombia. His friend has sent him money through Western Union but the company tells him every day that the money hasn't come through yet so he has to wait.
I spoke to Bruno about his dog. He said that all Jack Russells have bad character and it's nothing you can do about it. When the dog was little, Bruno used to slap his face when he became agressive to make sure that he will not bite anyone, so now the dog knows he can't do it. But to my surprise, the dog started to behave. He is not coming on my mattress without my permission any more (he sits next to my head when I lie and stares at me, waiting for the green light). When I let him in, he fells asleep immediately and starts snoring like a bear. I can't help it, I have to smile when it happens. I like him, despite his bad behaviour. I respect his bad moods and he respects my wishes, this is  how it's working now. Just like between people.
Yesterday I went to a club called "La Salsera". As the name indicates, there is salsa dancing and classes during the week except from Thursday - it's lambada night!! :)) I arrived at 11.30 pm and there were only 3 people in the club. I introduced myself and danced few times (I love it when the floor is empty). Other people came at about 1 am. Oh my god... it's not how I like it. I like the London way, where the classes start at 8.30 pm, we start dancing at 10 pm and finish at 3 am. You can dance a lot, sleep at night and do something productive the next day.
This time not many guys asked me for a dance, they were dancing with friends. I was observing them for a while and then I started asking for a dance those guys whose style of dancing I liked. I somethimes feel shy to do it, especially when I am in a new club, but it always pays off. Yesterday I made new friends and I was given lift home. I understood that men don't ask me for a dance because they are too shy to ask a foreigner, they are scared of unknown. Shy, shy, shy... wouldn't this world be better without this feeling??...