Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Yesterday I saw "the other side" of Cali. Side I haven't known before and to be honest I was a little bit disappointed to see. Eduardo, my tattooist, invited me to a party in a gay club in a district called Granada. It was a famous gay club but everyone could come to this big party. When I arrived Eduardo was still working in a hurry, he had to paint bodies of all the staff. Then the party began. There was no salsa at all and there were many gays, something you will never see in salsa clubs here. Just a big modern, techno, electronic and pop music party. I had fun as I met friends I haven't seen for more than 3 months. Eduardo works in the club from time to time doing some art jobs so all the drinks were free for his "team", including myself. It was interesting to experience this "other side" but I won't come back to this kind of party, and I don't want to remember it too clearly :) For me Cali is the salsa kingdom, and I want it to stay this way in my heart.
In the picture with Eduardo on the right and his friends on the left.
Here is an interesting story about Jovita (symbol of Cali), unfortunately I couldn't find an English version.
http://www.caliescali.com/jovita-feijo/
And pictures of the waterfalls and from Paraguay:
Iguazu waterfalls and AsunciĆ³n