Friday, December 17, 2010

Nicolas' parents are wonderful. The mother wasched our clothes and dried them, she also makes breakfast for us every day. The father always watches us, ready to help with anything. They are treating us as they would like somebody to treat their son. I hope that Nicolas will always find such caring Couch Surfing hosts as his parents are (and himself too).
This morning we went to a nudist beach called Chihuahua. Well, I was the only nudist in the group but the beach was beautiful and everyone wanted to see it. I have visited a lot of nudist beaches in Europe but this was the first one in South America. I don't think there are many on the continent, apart from Brazil maybe which is a quite liberated country.
In the late afternoon I went to the famous Punta del Este town with Nicolas. He does a contract work in the town so I had a walk around on my own. Punta is a popular touristic spot, beautiful and clean, with many rich people living there. I saw a lot of tourists, too many to my taste, I prefer the wild beaches of Maldonado.
It's so funny watching people in the streets in Uruguay. Every second man holds a thermos with hot water and drinks mate (mentioned in my blog before in section Cordoba) which is incredible, such a great national habit. I like Uruguay, there is something very charming about the country and the people are lovely. I am definitely going to come back here one day to explore the whole east coast of the country.