Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year came quietly. I only noticed that it was coming because Orlando's mum put plates and glasses for wine on the table. In Colombia on the 24th of December and new year's eve they eat at midnight, in Europe we have dinner much earlier. For example in Poland everyone is looking out for the first star on the sky, which in winter is usually at 4 - 5 pm. If you see the star, you can start eating the Christmas dinner. I think it is a very beautiful tradition. In the picture right after midnight.
I like that they make a dummy called Old Year, they put explosives inside it and at midnight they burn it causing a lot of explosions. This way they say goodby to the last 12 months.
Yesterday we didn't do much during the day. On the 1st of January the city seems to be dead. All the families sit outside the houses doing nothing and waiting for the time to pass. It is hilarious to see it but well, the same happens in Europe just that people sit inside the houses and watch TV.
At night we went to Tin Tin Deo, the first time since I arrived in Cali I felt I was in Cali.... La Feria de Cali is nice, there are good concerts but waiting in the crowd for ages and queuing for hours is not for me. I prefer going to clubs and dancing, instead of wasting my precious lifetime on waiting.
I moved out of Yeimmy's flat as her family is coming over this night and she is going on holiday to US. I moved in with Orlando and his family. It's great that his mother allows me to stay in the family house and I think unusual here as many families are traditional. It's all nice but I feel I want to have my own (well, rented but own) place again. I am fed up with moving from one house to another as I did last year and I am doing now. I miss so much having my own room, own wardrobe, own bed and own laptop.