Sunday, December 5, 2010

I wanted to see something new in the city but I just couldn't face walking miles again so Hernan took me on a ride in his car. He showed me some great places, for example Puerto Madero, "Pink House" (a government building painted in pink), National Congress building. What can I say?.... I love Buenos Aires. Before I came here I was worried that everything in the city was about tango. I don't like tango dance and music so I was worried that I would be forced to participate in it. But... no no and no. BA is not only about tango; it is about salsa, lambada, friendship, nice weather, amazing just amazing buildings and amazing streets. When Hernan was driving I counted lanes on the 9th of July street. 7 lanes going just in one direction, in the middle of the city!!!!! And 7 on the other side of the road. I can't describe how amazed I am. The city is enormous and very beautiful. I would like to live here (such a big statement....).
At night Federico picked me up on his motorbike and I did more visiting from the motorbike seat. I enjoyed it a lot. I got a hayfever and I had to buy medication because my eyes got really itchy. I asked Federico to keep his mobile ready and to phone an ambulance in case I got an alergic reaction. After my experience in Peru I am really scared to take any medication. But I took the first tablet and hey!! - I am ok. Federico got nervous when he heard the story from Cusco and when I asked him the favour...
We went to the lambada street party at 1.30 am. When we arrived the party had not started yet, people were preparing the music equipment (can you believe it, at 1.30 at night!!!...). They said it could be half an hour longer. I was tired to be honest and Federico got a little bit angry because of the delay so we came back home. Today I am going to Maluco Beleza, the same great lambada club that I went to on Friday.
In the picture: pedestranised Florida street in the centre of Buenos Aires.