Saturday, December 25, 2010

In Cali, Colombia again

My trip up the continent was pretty horrible. It took the whole day to travel (well, I did almost 4000 km) and my luggage didn't arrive in Cali. But... I was happy. Orlando and Javier picked me up from the airport, it was wonderful to see them again. We went to Tin Tin Deo, the famous salsa club, where I met other friends.
Then I came to Yeimmy's flat. She invited me to stay with her as long as I like but at one point I would like to rent a room somewhere as Yeimmy's place is really small. It is fantastic to see her too.

Yesterday, on the 24th of December, I spent the evening and night with Orlando and his family (in the picture with Orlando's mum and niece). I enjoyed myself a lot, we had nice food and ron of course :) The street where they live is decorated with many lights. When I arrived in Cali I could see no lights and I couldn't believe it because it's Christmas. But then I saw Orlando's street and some other streets in the city, and they were all illuminated.
In Colombia 24th is the most important day of Christmas, you spend it with family. 25th and 26th is just salsa party, salsa party and salsa party (called Feria de Cali). In Cali you will never hear Christmas carols, all you hear is salsa music in houses, streets, supermarkets and buses.