Sunday, December 12, 2010

This afternoon I finally went to the famous La Boca district, which is colourful and charming (in the picture). There are only few safe streets where tourists can walk, but it's enough to get the feeling of the Argentinian culture. There are many restaurants with tango shows, people are singing or bands are playing in the streets. You can find many handcraft shops in La Boca. Lovely place although very crowded.
Later in the day I moved to Daniela's house again. Bruno's mother is coming to visit and she will be staying in his flat. Daniela kindly agreed to share her bed with me this night; I can't have my bed back as she is hosting another Couch Surfer at the moment.
In a couple of hours I am going to the lambada club for the last time. Hernan and his friends are coming too, to do the beginners class. I should be paid for bringing people to the club and introducing them to lambada :)
Tomorrow I am going to Uruguay. I have spent 300 pounds in 2 weeks in Argentina, with no accomodation costs. Buses between cities, food in bars and supermarkets, taxis - all this is expensive here. What is cheap is local buses and tube in Buenos Aires. Entrance fee to the lambada club is 3.20 pounds a night. It includes 1 hour class and 1 drink, which is extremelly cheap comparing to London.
I am very sad that I have to leave Buenos Aires but.... I WILL BE BACK.