Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Yesterday afternoon I went to a very small town called Anserma as I wanted to "see something". However, I visited the town in 20 minutes and came back home as there was nothing really to see: just few streets, a church and a square. Later on, Fernando's sister Caridad took me on a tour in Cartago which I enjoyed much more. We went to some historic places, churches, traditional houses, a park and to see La Vieja river. In the picture with her daughter Sara and her niece Sofia. Then we went to a coffee bar in a park where you can taste many kinds of coffee. People drink a lot of coffee here but it is weak, with a lot of sugar. In contrary, my family in Poland drinks extremely strong coffee, so strong that when I have it, I am hyperactive for few hours. Here the coffee doesn't affect me at all, I can drink it late and sleep well.

I have to say that I much more prefer Colombian children than European ones. This is because they are talkative, curious, don't need much attention and they don't cry. European children are too busy with computer games and many beautiful toys they have that they lose the ability to interact well with people, and many of them need parents presence most of the time. The girls in Fernando's house feel confident with me and ask a lot of interesting questions, just like adults :)