Monday, June 7, 2010

Today is festivo - "bank holiday" in Colombia, and next week too. They have many Mondays off, lucky Colombians. However, they are not paid on these days. I am jealous anyway.
Yesterday when I woke up, Rodrigo (Leider's friend) phoned and invited me on a trip outside of the city. He picked me up half an hour later with his girlfriend Catalina and his 2-year old daughter. They don't speak a word of English but as they invited me on this trip I felt obliged to carry on conversation all the time, which was a lot of fun.
We went to PeƱon de Guatape', a huge rock which you can climb (200 meters high, 635 steps). It was so beautiful, Colombia is sooo beautiful !! (in the picture: view from the rock). When I lived in Europe I had no idea that the country is so amazing. Venezuela too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Pe%C3%B1on_de_Guatape_(monolith)

When we arrived back in Medellin we went first to the little girl mother's flat. Rodrigo goes out with Catalina, the girl's mother and also another woman at the same time. Catalina knows about it (she said she "suspects" it) however she doesn't want to loose him. Such a lack of respect for yourself !!... She cries very often but she knows that Rodrigo is a nice guy (so what???... sorry I got a little bit angry here). I explaind to her my European point of view but I know that nothing is going to make her leave him, unless she fells in love with somebody else.