Sunday, June 6, 2010

Yesterday I met Tatiana from Couch Surfing. She is a very nice girl who speaks fluent English as studied in Switzerland for three years. We met in Parque de Los Pies Descalzos (park of the bare feet - you have to take your shoes off in one part of the park). Later we met her friends: two from United States and two from Bogota'. We went to Pueblito Paisa in Cerro Nutibara park - a wonderful place from which you can see the whole city as it is on a hill (in the picture with Tatiana).
I drank Borojo' juice which is made of traditional fruit grown near Cali (more south of the country) and I had problems with stomach later in the evening (in Leider's little flat....). Apparently the fruit is an aphrodisiac.
Before I met Tatiana I had been to the downtown. I like the city very much, it is clean and full of positive energy. I took part in a demonstration organised by a political group called Mira. Their objectives are protection of the natural environment and fight against child sexual exploitation. It is great that organisations like this exist in South America!!!

Later in the night I met Juan Jose'. We had some beer in a nice park and then I met about ten of his friends. We went to a place called La Ruana de Juana, where we expected good salsa music. Once I was there I understood that it was a disco with all kinds of music and very young people. I didn't like the place so we went to another one which name I don't remember (and there is no need to remember it...). It was a disco too. I didn't want to be fussy again and spoil peoples' night by walking from one place to another so I spent the night dancing to five salsa songs and the rest of the time I was observing The Guys enjoying themselves. It was great to see them happy, I felt happy too because of them. Nicolas was wheelchair bound but he goes with his friends everywhere. The Guys were amazing, they didn't let him feel lonely or disabled even for a minute.
I came back home at 4 am, there was a salsa party at the neighbours' house. I joined the party, had few dances with some drunk guys and few cups of aguardiente (alcohol) and then an older woman approached me and she said that it was a family party. She came across rude so I turned on my heel and I went home (two seconds from the neighbours' house). The music was so loud that I couldn't believe it. Leider didn't sleep most of the night, I had earplugs in my ears which blocked the noise just a little bit. However, it was nice to fell asleep to the great salsa music....