Tuesday, June 15, 2010

In Bogota'

Distance Medellin - Bogota': 400 km, 9 hours on the bus, cost: 14 pounds.
Still in the bus station in Medellin, the bus drivers and ticket sellers were fighting for customers. Eventually I chose one company whose driver told me that if I felt cold during the trip, I could sleep in his cabin.
However, it was my first negative experience on the bus, after doing 10 thousand kilometers by buses. Luckily it wasn't very cold but the bus was overbooked and some people had to sit in the aisle. To be honest if this happened to me, I would get mad and requested my money back. These poor people had to sit on the floor for many hours and get up every twenty minutes to let somebody pass by.
I was hoping to see some nice views from the bus as it crossed a range of Andes, but during the day the surface was flat and during the night the bus switched on stroboscopic lights (but why??). After looking out the window for some time I got a bad headache as I felt like I was in a horror film.
Anyway, when I arrived in the bus station in Bogota', I was picked up by Mauricio (my potential second host in Bogota'). It was so kind of him!! - he lives close to the station so he emailed me two days ago saying that he could pick me up and drive me to my host's flat.
I live with Luis now, very close to the centre of Bogota'.