Saturday, June 19, 2010

Yesterday I watched the football match England - Algeria and then I went to the city centre. I met Carolina (Luis' ex-girlfriend) and we visited the cathedral and two museums. I am not an art person because unfortunately I don't understand art but the cathedral and one museum made a big impression on me. The cathedral is big, very simple, beautiful and you can feel a lot of space inside. I have seen many churches and cathedrals in my trip but the cathedral in Bogota' is the best one. We also went to the Botero museum (in the picture). I mentioned Botero before - he was born and lives in Medellin and he paints and makes sculptures of fat people. His art is very colorful and funny. Children have faces of 40-year old people. I love Botero. Then we went to another museum, very boring, with some machines for making gold and coins, and some dull paintings.
Then it started raining. It rained a lot... We had an umbrella but we got very wet and we decided to come back home. The weather in Bogota' is exactly as it is in London - unpredictable.
At home I met Luis. I didn't see him much before because he was leaving for work very early when I was sleeping and I was coming back home very late, when he was sleeping. Yesterday we decided to spend some time together. We went to a very American birthday party (Oscar invited me), it was nice but quiet. Adriana phoned me earlier and invited to a party in a northern district. Luis and I took a nice American guy with us (Sam who I met in Medellin two weeks ago and we met yesterday again :)) and we went to the party. It was such a surprise for me!! - the district was beautiful, the flat was beautiful and they played salsa all the night. There were many people at the party and we were dancing a lot. I met a guy from Cali (the capital of Colombian salsa) and he was teaching me some Cali salsa techinques.