Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I woke up at 6 am today and I couldn't sleep any more, I think it is because I slept too much recently. I decided to dress up and go to the city centre to visit some museums. The first one was the Police Museum. I arrived there at 9 am and I got a very serious Colombian guide. I couldn't understand his English so I started asking questions and we got into a deep conversation. Most of the museum was about fighting mafia and drug trade, and I am fascinated by this kind of stories. However, they were not funny... In the picture the biggest mafiosos of Colombia, alive or dead. In the middle the biggest of the biggest one - Pablo Escobar, who I mentioned in the Medellin section.
I was lucky to have met the oldest police officer in the country; he is 75 now and he works as a director of the museum. I also visited the Traffic Police room, TP is a new department in Colombia.
The museum closed at 11.30 am as it is its 51st birthday today, I was lucky that I woke up early!! I asked my guide if they were going to get drunk when they close the museum, to which he answered seriously that he was a police officer and he couldn't answer this question ha ha ha ha....
Then I went to the famous Museum of Gold but I got disappointed, there was nothing big and shiny as I expected, just some craft works which bored me to tears.
Later I am going to Granpared to climb the wall again, and then I will go for a drink with Oscar.
Yesterday Oscar invited me to his house for a lunch, his mum cooked some great food. Then we went for a walk in the centre of Bogota'. We climbed a hill and we admired the great night view over the city.