Thursday, June 17, 2010

Well, I am having a really good time in Bogota'.... I still hate the cold but... there are more important things: meeting great people!! I also found a host in Cali, where I am going to be in about two weeks time. He is a professional salsa dancer, he can host me and take to the best salsa clubs!!
Yesterday afternoon I met Oscar in Granpared, the biggest climbing wall in South America. Oscar is the second best climber in Colombia (the competition took place in Bogota') and tenth best in South America (the competition took place in Equador). Well... today I will be climbing the wall :)
I spend a lot of time with Oscar and we speak Spanish all the time. Sometimes I get frustrated because I want to explain something and I don't know the right words... but I try and I never give up.
After Granpared we met a very nice girl Adriana from Couch Surfing who phoned me yesterday. We were joined by Barbara, a Polish girl who is travelling in Colombia, a guy from India and Oscar's friend. I had so much laugh yesterday... We went to a very stylish bar and we tried chicha, an alcoholic drink which is illegaly sold in Colombia (and it is so different from the chicha I tried in Venezuela!!). It is made of maize, the drink is sweet and sour. When I took my first sip I thought it was disgusting but with time I started to like it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicha
In the picture from left: Oscar, his friend, I and Barbara.

This morning I woke up at 10 am (I have to put alarm on again, otherwise I wake up too late) and suddenly I heard somebody opening the flat entrance door. I thought that maybe Luis came back from work but it was a tiny girl. She said she was Luis' ex-girlfriend and she came to pick up her stuff. We started to talk about Bogota' (in Spanish again) and after half an hour I couldn't refrain myself from asking why they split up. Carolina said that last week she found out on Facebook that he was going out with another girl. Last year she found condoms in his flat, she confronted him but he said they were not his so she tried to forget about it. Last week she found a proof that he was going out with another girl and she moved out immediately, after three years of living together. She was crying while telling me the story and I felt sorry for her... I feel sorry for all the Colombian women. I made her a cup of coffee and I told her that she was my hero and that she made a right decision. Then I remembered Catalina from Medellin who accepts the fact that Rodrigo has two other girlfriends and I felt more sorry for her than for Carolina.