Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I had a look at the map of South America this morning. I have done so many miles!!... I have 7 months left of my trip and six countries to visit. However, I am tired. Travelling is hard (but rewarding) work... I am going to stay longer in Cali, the capital of Colombian salsa.
Yesterday I had a lazy day. I slept a lot (my favourite activity in this trip), then I did shopping, went to see Oscar in Granpared and in the evening I went to a Couch Surfing meeting. It was quite boring but I had some conversations with local people. All the conversations with local people have a great value because I always learn something new. I walked back home, it took me half an hour (at night in Bogota' - I felt very safe but apparently you shouldn't do it).
On Thursday I am leaving Bogota' for Cartago where Fernando lives (the only friend I had in South America before I came here). I met him in London a year ago and when he was leaving I said "see you in Colombia". He said that I could come and stay in his family house. I suppose none of us believed that this would happen but here we are... I am going to Cartago. I can't wait to see you again, Fernando!!