Friday, September 10, 2010

Yesterday night I saw police in action (not very common here) - searching bags and pockets of some teenagers on bicycles. Recently I heard few stories that people on bikes approach you and they grab your mobile phone while you are talking. There is why it is very unwise to talk on the phone in the public places.
In the evening I went to see the last free of charge event at the jazz festival. There was a performance of an Italian group called Ialsax Quarter and Gianni Oddi. It was good I have to say (although not excellent because it wasn't salsa :)).

There are two more foreigners living in my house now: a guy from New Zealand and a guy from Ireland. Aura, my landlady, was very unhappy yesterday because somebody broke two expensive plates. What's more, the troublemaker left them on the floor (so rude...) and nobody pleaded guilty. I suppose it is not easy to be landlords in a small flat where them and the tenants don't respect each other.

I also had a nice talk with Orlando after a night of dancing in Tin Tin Deo. I think we like each other very much but there is something very strange about this relationship. He expects me to take initiative all the time and in all my life always men took initiative, so I am not good at it. Maybe it makes the part of machismo - expecting girl to call all the time, maybe Orlando is just unsure what he wants. Who knows??? I don't because I still don't know well his culture. For example, for him it is important at which table I sit when we go out. If I sit at "his" table, it is clear for him that I like him but then he dances with other girls more than with me. If I come to a club with a group of people and we sit at another table because there is no space at "his" table, he thinks that I have another boyfriend and he doesn't ask me for a dance any more. Crazy world....
We are meeting today again and I hope there will be more interesting conversations involved. I am very happy to see him again.
In the picture: I was interviewed for a national TV at the jazz festival.