Friday, September 24, 2010

I had a really nice evening and night yesterday. I went to the Couch Surfing meeting in Cafe' Bigua' in the building Plaza 2000 and I met some great people (in the picture). After that I met up with Fabian and his friend Cris from London. We went to a nice bar and then to a salsa place called Seseribo. It did cost too much to get in so we decided to come back the next day (Thursdays are more expensive than Fridays, this is something new for me!!).
We went to another bar, very nice, and I asked for salsa music. Luckily they had some so we started dancing and other people followed. There is a salsa song I like very much:
Decisiones
I tried a traditional Ecuadoran drink called canelazo which is a hot alcoholic drink. It is difficult to say if I like it or not, I have to have some more cups :) I also tried a 7-year old Ron Abuelo from Panama, so nice!!...

At the Couch Surfing meeting I met a guy from Medellin, Colombia. We were talking a lot about guerilla and the news - a very important FARC leader in Colombia was killed yesterday. There was a bomb thrown into his camp in the forest - a typical way of eliminating guerilla. This kind of situation is always treated as a great success for the country.
http://colombiareports.com/colombia-news/news/12002-mono-jojoy-killed-colombian-media.html