Friday, September 17, 2010

Yesterday I went dancing to Viejoteca in Parque de la Caña, with Orlando. I have been there before on a Saturday. I heard that Thursdays are nights for single people, and that afterwards chivas ("dancing buses") take you to Juanchito, a district with many salsa clubs. To my disappointment, there was only one chiva and it was full so we came back home.
Today I had to go to a dentist for a tooth extraction. I was eating something two days ago and my whole tooth broke into pieces. There was no chance for a filling so the tooth's root had to be extracted. I spent two hours at the dentist but she was wonderful. She polished my teeth and make my two front teeth shorter. The treatment in Colombia is so different than in Europe.... Here estetics is very important and all the dentists are trained how to make you look better. In Europe they simply fix the problem (for example tooth decay). Here they also take under consideration the visual aspect, it was the same in Brazil. This is the reason why people have nice teeth and a nice smile (and so many of them wear braces!).
Before I come back to England I want to have two implants fitted, either in Chile, Argentina or if I am back to Cali at the end of my trip. It is cheaper than in Europe and the service is excellent.