Sunday, September 19, 2010

Yesterday the country was celebrating Day of Love and Friendship (Dia de Amor y Amistad) which is always celebrated on the third Saturday of September. They also have St. Valentine's Day on the 14th of February but they don't celebrate it as much.
There was a Couch Surfing meeting organised for the occassion. I got a rose and a present from Orlando and I felt bad because I wasn't prepared for the occassion. Then we were giving sweets to each other and at the end the people gave me a farewell present... Do I have to say how sad I felt? That I cried?
Then we went to a very beautiful salsa club called Tropical by Plaza de Banderas. I was so tired by the last three nights of very little sleep that I wasn't able to fully enjoy myself. However, as it was my last night out in Cali, I made an effort to dance and to chat to my friends.
A joke (invented yesterday): how do you call a child of a Polish and Colombian couple? Polombiano :))