Saturday, July 17, 2010

Last night we went to another great salsa disco called El Escondite near Tin Tin Deo. It was salsa madness again... :) I met a Polish girl who was disappointed with the level of dancing in Colombia, exactly as I was before I came to Cali. However she even doesn't like Cali because she doesn't dance Colombian salsa, only Cuban and New York styles, so she seems to be angry all the time. She lives in a hostel where David spends a lot of time and which I often visit as I know many people there. Everyone said that the girl is unhappy most of the times and if not meeting me, they would think that all the Polish people are unhappy ha ha ha....
El Escondite was great, with a lot of light effects and the best salsa, bachata, merengue, cumbia and reggeton music.
The first time I understood why the couples stay together all the time and they don't dance with other people. It seems that everyone is part of a big family. Everyones dances closely with each other, hugs, kisses each other and I don't know what else as I take taxi and come back home on my own :) Perhaps I am old fashioned or my mind is structured to reserve intimate hugs and kisses to my good friends and boyfriends?? Sometimes I like a guy, I dance with him and he gives me a clear sign that he likes me. Then I see him dancing closely with another girl and suddenly I don't like him any more... Then I think I should be open-minded and I am trying to take it easy but my interest in the guy just goes away, even if he comes back to me and wants to carry on dancing or chatting, which usually happens. I enjoy discovering my new feelings however I don't know how to behave in these kind of situations. In London it is different, either somebody is interested in you or not. It is clear that if he dances closely with another girl and you see it, you will not be eager to go out with him. Here it is not obvious. Hmmm.... I need to speak to the local people about it and ask for advice!