Wednesday, July 28, 2010

On Monday night I went to Las Brisas with Yeimmy. It was the first time I didn't get completely wasted in the club, huraaaah...
I am looking for a lambada zouk dancer who he doesn't have to be as good as I am :) because I want to organise a lambada class. Couch Surfers have been asking me for it since they saw me introducing some elements of lambada into salsa.
Yesterday I went to Teatro La Mascara on my own to see a play "Un Dia Nublado en la Casa del Sol". The play was excellent although the Colombian people were whispering all the time during the play, showing a complete lack of respect for the actors... I remember that when I came to London many years ago I had difficulty with understanding the English accent. I started attending cinema screenings three times a week, and in a very short time my listening skills improved immensly. This is what I want to do here. The play I saw yesterday was very easy to understand and I already picked up few new words (yuhuuuu!!).
This afternoon I met Oscar from Couch Surfing. We went to a very nice restaurant in Galeria Alameda, which is famous for its seafood. In the picture: I saw these figures in Alameda... so beautiful but not looked after.

I would like to share with you a song of bachata which is very popular in Colombia at the moment. I suppose it came to Europe but it hasn't spread out yet. I love this song. When I hear it on a bus or in a supermarket I immediately jump and I am ready to dance :)
Bachata en Fukuoka