Tuesday, July 13, 2010

At the end of last week I went to WWF, a very famous environmental organisation, and I spoke to the people about doing voluntary work. They asked me to email them my CV and they seemed to be very enthusiastic about having a volunteer (although they don't have a volunteer programme). I am waiting for the response but meantime I decided to visit some other organisations. Yesterday I went to the main office of MIRA in Cali. It is a political organisation whose demonstration I saw in Medellin a month ago. It looked like they are doing an excellent work for the natural environment, child protection and they work on some other social projects. I found their office in Cali and I went for an interview... in Spanish!! Don't be fooled that my Spanish is that good, I just understand a lot because I speak Italian and I never give up when I speak Spanish. I never ever admit "I don't know how to say this" but I do my best to explain what I mean, even if it takes ages, and it is working :)
The people from MIRA seemed to be happy that I visited the office, everyone came to introduce themselves and to tell me about their work. They promised to phone me back soon. There are few more organisations I want to visit but I hope that WWF or MIRA will let me work for them.

Today I had my Spanish class with Wilfred and then he asked me if I would like to go with him to a sport club with a swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. Of course I wanted, and we had a great time (in the picture). Wilfred speaks Spanish all the time and he talks a lot so now I have a little headache :)
Here is the first part of my pictures from Cali:
Cali 1