Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Today is Colombian Independence Day. Yesterday people decorated their houses and shops and there are many concerts happening today. The day is beautiful, the weather is perfect.
Yesterday I spent a lot of time with Robin from Canada and David (in the picture). David took us on a city tour on foot and showed us some places in Cali, for example Galleria Alameda market. It was quite scary to be honest: dirty, smelly, with some dodgy people looking homeless and ready to kill you. As a contrast, we saw the Granada district: very clean with people looking rich and healthy.
There were preparations for the Independence Day everywhere and in the CAM area in the city centre we saw a lot of tranvestites wearing beautiful clothes. They are symbol of independence, I suppose??...
At night we went to Las Brisas again. I danced a lot but again I got very drunk. Every Monday is an aguardiente day for me, we must buy it to sit at a table and then people I meet give me more and more and more... I have to stop drinking so much although to be honest, I have a lot of fun on Mondays :)