Monday, July 12, 2010

Well... I am looking for a Colombian boyfriend in Cali. Yes, I am not afraid to say this. I am going to stay here for a month or two and it would be nice to have a relationship. I met a lot of guys in salsa clubs however... it is not easy to find somebody I fancy. First of all, many guys can't afford going out with me, meaning that they don't have money for a bus ticket, phone call, a drink or a meal in a cheap bar. When I arrived in Colombia I used to buy them these things but I can't support financially myself and at the same time other people in this trip. I am fed up hearing all the time that a guy doesn't have money for this or that, however I understand that in most of the cases it is a fault of the political system (but also in many cases when they are paid they immediately spend the salary on ron or aguardiente). I really miss guys inviting me for a beer or a cheap meal, whatever it is and no matter how much it costs. I almost forgot the pleasure of being invited for something.
Another obstacle is that the guys are lazy or they lack thinking. The only exception is Fernando from Cartago, who has his own business, works hard and it pays off.
Also, it puts me off very much when I meet a guy who I initially like and then he starts talking about his girlfiend in Europe (many of them are living a dream of having a girlfriend in Europe or US) or an ex-girlfriend who is probably still a present girlfriend but this is a trick they use to go out with another girl. No tricks with me though...

Last night we went out in San Antonio, just for a drink (oh my god, how much beer these Irish people can drink!!!...). We had a walk around which apparently was safe in a group. In the picture with the guys from Ireland and Oliver from Germany.