Thursday, April 1, 2010

Yesterday evening we went out for a drink to a very nice bar with famous Brazilian singers painted on the walls (in the picture). Then we went to a forro' place called Engarrafamento.
As soon as I saw the place I knew that the forro' was not going to be good. The place was too modern and I was right - they played electronic forro', not the traditional one I like. I had few dances but I wasn't satisfied. I am wondering how my heart is coping with a lack of few-hours intensive dance - in London I had a good workout three times a week for several hours, to the point that my heart was beating like crazy and I couldn't catch breath any more. Now I dance and sweat a little bit but my body is not tired at all. After Easter, which I am spending in Fortaleza, I will check flight tickets and if I find a cheap one I will go back to Porto Seguro and then straight to Manaus. I don't care about the Amazon Jungle any more, I don't need to see any more of Brazil, I just want to dance lambada and Porto Seguro is the only place in the country where people dance very well. If the prices are high, then I am stuck and I will go to the jungle... :) Anyway, I am both disappointed with the lack of professional dancing here (which was the main reason why I came to South America) and I am also happy that I came here and now I know!!! Never again to Brazil if you want a good dance, with exception of Porto Seguro of course.