Friday, April 2, 2010

I had another wonderful day yesterday. Some days are wonderful, some are great, some are good and some were very bad (for example when I had to go to hospitals). In the early afternoon I noticed a message on the Couch Surfing website about a meeting in the centre of Fortaleza, in Dragon Dumar. I decided to go there so Rorix gave me a lift, few hours before the meeting. I had a lot of time on my hand so I called Raphael from Couch Surfing and I asked him if he would like to meet up. He said he would arrive in an hour so I was waiting on a bench in front of the cinema. A girl sitting next to me started talking to me, she seemed to be very friendly. Then her boyfriend came and we carried on talking (Aline and Bruno - they are both medicine students). Then Raphael came and we went to a cafe' to carry on talking... :) I had a great time, we talked about life in South America and in Europe and about many other things in life (all of us in the picture). I drank a very strange drink, they call it wine but it is actually wine mixed with beer, very sweet (tastes like beer with concentrated juice, commonly drinken in Poland). I loved it but it gets you drunk fast :) Then Geraldo from Porto Seguro phoned me, he is already in London, unfortunately I couldn't understand what he was saying as there were disruptions on the line. Then we went to meet Couch Surfers in a bar. They seemed to be very nice but I didn't spend much time with them as they went to another bar. I went to see this bar (called Orbita Bar) but the music was absolutely not my cup of tea (rock music) so I phoned Rorix and I asked him to pick me up. I am so lucky with him and his family!! - his mum cooks for me every day and he is my personal chauffeur in Fortaleza :) Rorix came with Danielle and we went to eat acaraje' (traditional food of the Bahia region). The acaraje' was not as good as the one in Salvador, well, Salvador is famous for its acaraje' - the best one you can find in the Itapua' district.