Sunday, April 11, 2010

I went to Kukukaya again yesterday. Few days earlier I put a message on the Couch Surfing website and I asked if somebody would like to join me. Two people decided to come, one of them was Duarte. He picked me up on his motorbike and after the party he gave me lift home (in the heavy rain). This forro' club is the best one in Fortaleza, in my opinion. The music is great, it is an open air place and the people who go there are nice too (in the meaning: they are not favela people). It was a special night as it was a concert of a very famous forro' singer. First there was another group playing and then Dorgival Dantas and his group started singing (in the picture). The guy is extremely talented, I couldn't believe how wonderful his concert was!! - the sound was very good and the singer's voice and clothes matched the music and the atmosphere in the club. I felt happy.
You can see him here, singing "Let it be": The Great Dorgival Dantas :)
I hope that the traditional forro' music will never die in Brazil, as lambada did.
While dancing, I had flashes of the tragedy which happened in Poland (every half an hour) but apart from this I enjoyed myself a lot. I met a dance teacher (I was observing him for a while then I asked him for a dance first and then he was asking me) and I was dancing with other guys who were not as good as the teacher but they had the Brazilian rythm and they felt the music in their hearts so it was a great pleasure dancing with them.