Monday, April 19, 2010

I had another great evening in the city. I went to the dancing studio where last week I met people who invited me to this private party. There was a lot of dancing going on. As I noticed last week, they do different kind of dances in one night, in contrary to London where usually there in just one type of dance all the night. Initially I thought that the Brazilian system was better (so you know many dances) but yesterday I understood that I prefer the London way much more. The reason was that I love dancing lambada zouk. Yesterday I had to stop dancing many times because they played bolero, tango or samba, which I don't like. I felt frustrated. Later I spoke to a guy who loved tango and he said that they didn't play enough tango. He felt frustrated when they played other kinds of music ha ha ha.... So I think it is better if you dance something you like to dance all the night and you don't have to stop and wait.
Unfortunately for me (unfortunately because I would like to learn other dances), if my heart doesn't beat like crazy and I can catch a breath, I am not satisfied, so I just get bored with tango or bolero. And of course, I have to love the music too.
I met a zouk teacher yesterday, Abdias, and we may meet again in Porto Seguro at the lambada congress in January 2011. He is a great dancer, all the other people didn't really know how to dance lambada zouk (I was observing and comparing with London and Porto Seguro....). There were few couples dancing but they didn't have the special energy you need to dance good lambada. However, they danced a lot of good bolero and tango. There is a strong tradition of these two dances in Fortaleza.
In the picture with all the excellent dancers.

Can I also say here thank you to my best friend in London, Jerome de France, for giving me two extremely good tips:
1. He did read in my blog that I was dizzy very often and that I fainted so he advised me to eat more sugar and salt. I did read on internet months ago that when you sweat a lot or when you have diarrhea, you should drink water with added both salt and sugar. I often ignore what I read but if a friend tells me then I do it. I also realised that in the first two months in Brazil I hardly ate any salt, and I was sweating so much!!
Now I make sure that in all the food I have every day (which is still little because of the heat) I add a lot of salt and sugar to it. The result?... I haven't been dizzy in a week!! huraaaaah!!
2. I met Jerome in Boots in London when I was looking for Johnsons&Johnsons baby bath which I used as a makeup remover. I couldn't find a cheap one so Jer asked me why I didn't use "no more tears" shampoo. I said "shampoo for face? - never!!". Now I use it as a makeup remover, shower gel, soap, washing powder, intimate wash (well, do you really need to know this?...) and...shampoo!! It is probably not the best thing for the skin but it is very gentle for the body, removes dirt very well and I carry just one small bottle instead of five :)