Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Yesterday I went to the dentist again, this time for cleaning and fluorisation. The service was as excellent as a week before and my teeth look really nice now.
In the evening I met Adriano from Couch Surfing and he introduced me to some people, mainy Couch Surfers I haven't met before. There was 284th birthday of Fortaleza on Monday and to celebrate it, yesterday there was a concert on the beach, with some singers performing on the stage. I enjoyed myself a lot but I didn't like the music at all. I called it music for old people, there was no energy in the music and majority of the people attending the event were young people. In my opininon something went wrong there, and my Brazilian friends (and three Italian guys I met!! :)) agreed with me completely.
In the picture with some of the CSurfers I met yesterday.
Unfortunately I drank three caipirinias.... three too many. I got drunk (some people would say: finally!!) and I left the concert at 1 am, about half an hour before it finished, without even saying goodby to the people. Well, it is my birthday on Saturday, for this reason I am organising a meetup so I will see them again. I have been living in Fortaleza for two weeks now and I am already a very active member, I attended some events and I organised three meetings so far :)
Few days ago Adriana made traditional Brazilian sweets for me, called Brigadeiros. When I am back in London, I am going to make them for my friends, it is so easy!!
You need:
a can of condensated milk
good quality cocoa powder
drinking chocolate powder with vitamins (optional)
a little bit of butter
Put milk, cocoa powder and butter in a pan and heat it up until it gets dense. Pour it into small bowls or make balls with a spoon and cover them in chocolate flakes, coconut, icing sugar etc....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigadeiro