Saturday, April 10, 2010

I got up this morning, switched on the laptop and.... found out about one of the biggest tragedies in the Polish history, death of many politicians who were flying to Katyn this morning.... I am so shocked.... I called my dad immediately, he was in a big shock too and he couldn't believe it. He said that it was an old Russian plane they were flying on.... well, sometimes old Russian is much better than modern, but not in this case.... I don't really know what to say, it is sooo sad.
I could have been killed too by a television a month ago... (although I am not a politician I consider myself a very valuable person). You never know when it comes and how it comes...
Yesterday I went to a dentist. Before I came to South America I had had a lot of dreams about my teeth falling out as I was nervous that I would have to go to a dentist. Luckily, my teeth are in place but a piece of one tooth broke off, reavilling a beautiful black filling. You could see it when I smiled or laughed and you could see it in some pictures. I am going to take a lot of pictures in South America so I need a nice smile!! When I came to this country I learned that there are excellent doctors/dentists here which was a big surprise to me. The best ones in the world are in the US, then Japan and then Brazil.
My experience yesterday was very good, the only difference (comparing with Europe) was that the dentist was talking to many people during the tooth restoration and that he put his chest on my face several times, when he was grabbing something from the table (unfortunately... it wasn't bare chest as the dentist was bloody handsome :)). Then, when I was leaving, he gave me a big hug, which would not happen in Europe. I am going back next week for cleaning and fluorisation. I paid 40 pounds for the tooth restoration including a new white filling and I will pay 15 pounds for the next visit. I decided that before my return to London I will fix all my teeth in Brazil.
At night I went to a club with live forro' music where a lot of prostitutes go, I didn't have much choice as other places were just discos. I was very upset because the zouk party I was waiting for so much appeared to be in Sao Paolo, not in Fortaleza.
In the picture with Adriana, my host, and her friend who she doesn't like very much. He is German, a friend of Adriana asked her if he could stay with her as she lives in a big flat (but she didn't know that for the whole month!!). He is shy and he doesn't talk much, he doesn't eat much, he just drinks beer and he barely goes out. He lives with two snakes in south Berlin and he feeds them alive mice which he buys in a shop. For me, somebody who does this kind of thing..... well, I couldn't do it.