Sunday, April 18, 2010

Yesterday I met some of my friends in a bar in Dragao do Mar (the cultural centre of Fortaleza). I had a good time and then Adriana gave me a lift to Kukukaya. There were not many people inside as it was raining a lot, and I thought "oh my god, what I am doing here on my own???". Five minutes later I met a guy who I was dancing with last week. Then I met Carlos, a forro' teacher, and then I met some other people. I start feeling like in London here - when I go to dance clubs I know everyone.. In the picture: in Kukukaya.
In Fortaleza I started regaining trust (which I originally had in London) that some people in Brazil can dance very well and that there are good dance clubs. I am happy for this reason because otherwise I would be very disappointed with Brazil.
I also understood how people deal with the dark reality (observing Adriana's life). If they have good friends around, they don't need anything else, well... maybe a little bit of money. They are happy, even if they can see a lot of poverty and shocking crimes on every step.