Friday, April 9, 2010

On Wednesday night I met Adriana from Couch Surfing, I asked her out for a drink some weeks ago. We went to a bar where she said that I can't live so far from the centre and that I should move in with her. She lives in the centre of Fortaleza, ten minutes from the Iracema beach and very close to Dragon do Mar (cultural centre of the city, my favourite spot). "Dragon do Mar" is a name of a man who was one of the first people fighting against slavery and against bringing people from Africa to South American ports.
So... I live with Adriana now. She works as a civil servant for the goverment in a new created department in Brazil - anti corruption department (much needed here). Her work sounds very interesting, she was telling me how they do it - it is not all roses.
Yesterday Heber took me to Praia de Caça e Pesca (in the picture). There is a point where the river meets the sea and the river water is separated from the open sea by rocks. I really liked the place, it is very peaceful and you can swim quietly as there are no waves.
There are not many people on the beach because it is close to a slam (well, women I saw were shaving their pubic hair in the water.... no wonder nobody goes to this astonishing place).