Friday, October 1, 2010

My dear friends, thank you so much for worrying about me. I am fine. I left Quito right on time, a day before the horrible conflict started. It seems to be a little war in Quito and Guayaquil (the biggest city of Ecuador). I watch it on TV in Canoa and I can't believe this is happening in the streets I was walking a couple of days ago. I am wondering if the conflict is going to affect my trip.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-11447519

Fabian, my host in Quito, phoned me and he said that he can't leave his house at the moment... wow...
I am travelling to my next destination today as I relaxed a lot and I need new adventures now. The nightlife in Canoa is non-existent. Yesterday I was the only person walking in the streets (and feeling very safe). However, I like the village a lot because it is exotic and welcoming. In the picture: the main street :)
Last night I had a very tasty drink called morocho, made of warm milk, sugar and cinamon. I wish I could make all these great drinks when I am back in Europe...
Here are my pictures from Quito:
Quito