Friday, October 15, 2010

I woke up very late this morning, I was tired and my bed is very comfortable. Marco decided to show me Barranco district, right by the beach. I liked the district a lot. The coast is amazing, you see extremely high slopes with posh houses built on them; this is a part of the city where rich people live. There are many old and traditional restaurants. Lima surprises me more and more, every day I see something beautiful.
At night we went to a Couch Surfing meeting in another awesome district called Miraflores. It is a very posh district by the Pacific coast, like Barranco. I met nice local people and many times I had to explain where Poland is on the world map (...no, it is not a part of the United States...). In Peru you can't smoke in clubs and bars, so: you can't in Brazil, can in Venezuela, can't in Colombia, can in Ecuador, can't in Peru.
Another interesting fact about the capital: it has the largest Chinese community in South America (famous Barrio Chino de Lima).