Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Yesterday I went to Teatro Municipal with Abraham to a classical music concert. It was great. After the first break, the musicians came back on the stage and they welcomed foreigners. Evidently, I was the only foreigner in the teatre (Trujillo is not popular with travellers) so it was directed at me. How nice of them! The sad thing was that no young people came to the concert (and it was free of charge). So different from London or Cali, where the cultural events are packed with people of all ages.

After the concert we went to a restaurant and I met Abraham's friends (in the picture). All of them do voluntary work for a human rights organisation, supporting gay and transvestite rights movement. They receive money from a similar organisation in Holland and they are one of a very few organisations of this kind in Peru. The people were lovely and I had a good time.
Today I went to "Huacas del Sol y de la Luna" archeological site. I feel obligued to visit these places while I am here, although they are not of my interest really. When you are in Peru, you must see them... After that I went to Huanchaco, a district with a nice beach. Yes, it is nice but why everything is so dirty??
There was a football match on Tuesday, Ecuador played with Poland :) The score was 2:2. All my friends in Ecuador were watching the match.
Here are my pictures from Cuenca in Ecuador:
Cuenca