Friday, October 29, 2010

I got so drunk yesterday that I felt very unwell, I went to the toilet and I forced myself to vomit. It happened the first (and hopefully the last) time in my trip. I got drunk many times in Colombia (famous agardiente and ron) but I always felt good while drinking and also the next day. Yesterday I drank Peruvian pisco with lemonade. It was horrible but I wanted to drink it because it is a very traditional drink. I mixed it with two glasses of red wine and two glasses of rum and coke.
http://pbav.homestead.com/files/pisco.html
First I went to a Halloween party with Jhoel and Natalie from London. It was in a hostel, on the suburbs of the town. Natalie is a very nice and sweet girl. Unfortunately she drinks and smokes too much, and what's more, she takes cocaine. She comes from a rich English family I think because she lives in Richmond (a very posh district), has own horse and never looks at prices when ordering drinks or food (unlike me :)). I had a chat with her yesterday and I told her to change the lifestyle. I think she is unhappy in life so it is not easy to give up the bad habits.
After the Halloween party we went to a disco, with some people from the hostel.
Cusco discos are "meat markets", reminding me of Cali. However, Colombian men have a lot of respect for women, I am saying this from my own experience. But the fact is that many foreigners come to Cali just for sex (which is fine as long as everyone is happy). Majority of people come to Cusco because of Machu Picchu, not to party. But they quickly understand that the nightlife here is great and that it is extremely easy to find a sex partner.
Sleezy Peruvian guys in discos annoy me a lot. Two days ago I slapped a guy who touched my bottom twice. The first time I turned round and I said laudly "don't do this again". He did it again an hour later so I slapped his face, very strongly. The guy was in shock but his friend got angry with me and he asked what was the problem. I got so furious that I almost started a fight but the guys knew that they were going to lose (with a blond foreigner) so they gave up. Yesterday another guy touched my bottom. I was busy talking to somebody so I reacted too late and the guy run away. Even Jhoel's friends touch my hands, back or hair whenever they can.
I made a lot of friends in Cusco and generally I am feeling good here. I decided to stay in the town for Halloween.
In the picture: Cusco's cathedral at night.